Vision to Goal Setting
What is our Vision for Learning?
Our Mission Statement
“Lynnmour creates a positive and safe environment that allows all students to learn the importance of respect, self regulation, and life long learning.”
At Lynnmour we believe in….
– calming our classrooms and hallways
– teaching self regulation
– promoting Growth Mind Set
– teaching to diversity
– making thinking and learning visible
– the importance that environment plays in learning
– working with parents and community partners for the success of all students
Planning & Implementation
What is our Action Plan?
Two competencies were identified as a priority focus for Lynnmour students.
The Communication competency encompasses the knowledge, skills processes and dispositions we associate with interactions with others. Â Through communication, we acquire, develop and transform ideas, information and we make connections with others to pursue common purposes and common goals.
Communicating includes developing a set of abilities that students use to impart and exchange information, experiences and ideas to explore the world around them and to effectively use communication forms, strategies and technologies.
The Personal and Social competency encompasses the skills that students need to thrive as individuals, to understand and care about themselves and others, and to find and achieve their purposes in the world. Â The Personal and Social competency is the set of abilities that relate to students’ identity in the world and as members of their community and society.
Improvement of the Communication competency of students K-7
To improve student success rates in reading and writing as measured by the Dibels, FSAs, Report Cards and School Wide Write data.
Improvement of the Personal and Social Emotional Competency in students K-7
To strengthen students social and emotional skill development in 5 domains: Self-management, Self-awareness, Social awareness, Relationship skills, and Responsible Decision Making.
Monitor Evaluate & Adapt
What are our Indicators of Progress?
We will know we have achieved Goal #1 improvement of the Communication competency for students K-7 when we have evidence that shows:Â
- <25% at the “at risk” level in our Grade 1 and 2 Dibels assessment
- 70% of students meeting or exceeding expectations for their grade level on Report cards
- 70% of students in grades 4 and 7 measuring as “on track” or “extending” on the FSA assessment for the Ministry of Education
We will know that we have achieved Goal #2 improvement of the Personal and Social Emotional competency of students K-7 when we have evidence that shows:
- all students completing Lynnmour Social Emotional Competency Survey
- “Giving back” becoming a routine for all students, not just those involved with WE Day initiatives
- fewer reported incidences of major behaviour issues.
- students using Growth Mind Set language in Core Competency Self Assessments and in classroom journal writing
- growth over time using the classroom data collection of “Social Emotional Learning Classroom Snapshot”
- Student Self-Assessment of the Core Competencies (anecdotal) reflecting personal understanding and growth.
Strategies to support school goals
Goal #1 Strategies
- expanding the resources available to classrooms for Guided Reading
- development of a guided reading program to support all students
- practicing and modelling the use of communication (written and orally) for all students
- Literacy 44 reading and writing strategies
- School Wide Writing activities
Goal #2 Strategies
- Second Step program for the whole school (Social Emotional Learning to support students)
- Staff professional development regarding intentional teaching of self-regulation, trauma informed practice, growth mind set
- Kids in the Know program for the whole school (skill building for personal safety and self-efficacy to protect children)
- Promotion of Growth Mind Set
- Use your WITS or STEP to support Problem Solving
How do we Communicate our Progress?
For the Staff
- Staff meeting standing item
- Weekly staff bulletins
For the Community
- Weekly Information and Update emails to families
- Term Newsletters to families
- Report Cards
- Parent/Student Led conferences
- School Website