- 1. Vision to Goal Setting: Current Page
- 2. Planning and Implementation
- 3. Monitor, Evaluate and Adapt
- 4. Communicating Process
House posts of planning
What is our “raison d’etre’? The visioning process encompasses reflecting on our core mandate and purpose, articulating our guiding beliefs and shared values, and goal-setting for a preferred future. In the North Vancouver School District, we envision a school-based engagement process that highlights the strengths in our school community while identifying areas for future focus and development.
Situating: (school context; unique climate/circumstance/culture)
- What is our school narative?
- How did we get to where we are?
- What educational and social experiences do we offer as a school?
- What does our school community value?
Visioning: (image of a desired future)
- What is working well in our school?
- What are areas for growth at our school?
- What are our unique strengths?
- What values do you bring into your classroom or school experiences?
Goal-Setting: (how goals will be identified)
- If you could effect one change in our school what would it be?
- What kind of school do we hope to be?
- How can we get to where we want to be?
- How do we identify priorities moving forward?
- Visioning – Begins with an understanding of school strengths, builds on and highlights shared values of all stakeholders, and supports school-wide growth.
- Goal Setting – After visioning, goal setting reflects on our core purpose and articulates our broad plan(s) for growth.
- School Narrative (Handsworth)
- Community of Learners Brainstorm (Braemar)
- Meeting Norms (Boundary)
- ID Values and Vision
- PAC Question Quadrant
- Student-Led Discussions (Handsworth)
- Parent Survey Suggestions
Sharing with Stakeholders:
School Planning Workbook
- Tools to Prepare and Engage
- Appreciative Inquiry Cycle
- Chalk Talk – p. 78 “Making Thinking Visible” – R. Ritchart, M. Church, K. Morrison
- PMI (Plus, Minus (limiters), Interesting)
- Needs Assessment
- 4 – Pillars of Learning Chart
- ”Leading Change in Your School” – Douglas B. Reeves
- ”Data Analysis for Continuous School Improvement” – Victoria Bernhardt
- “The Rich Seam: How New Pedagogies Find Deep Learning” – Maria Langworthy & Michael Fullan
- “ The Shaping School Culture Fieldbook” – Peterson & Deal
- ”Choosing the Wrong Drivers for Whole System Reform” – Michael Fullan
- “ Marzano Levels of School Effectiveness” – Marzano
- Visioning – How to Help Every Child Fulfill Their Potential – RSA Animate
- Visioning – Start With Why – Simon Sinek
- Visioning – Our Motivations are Unbelievably Interesting – Dan Pink