Vision to Goal Setting
What is our Vision for Learning?
The Seycove community strives to engage its members in opportunities for collaborative innovation and learning, to build and maintain purposeful connections and relationships, and to create a safe environment in which to develop citizens of integrity.
- A clear, focused vision for student engagement and learning
- A safe and orderly environment –respect for adult and student diversity & strong sense of community and collective responsibility
- A climate of high expectations for success and high levels of student achievement
- Instructional leadership comprising of a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Frequent monitoring of student progress -strong systemic structures to monitor and review data
- Strong home-school relations –ongoing communication of student learning
Curriculum, Connection, Diversity
- Increase engagement/empowerment for students
- Increase collaborative innovation and learning
- Support the development of citizens of integrity
- Ensure a safe and caring environment
- Develop purposeful connections and relationships
Planning & Implementation
What is our Action Plan?
Staff Planning Focus
Our main project for the year centres on Assessment, in a collaboration with Tom Schimmer. TomÂ is an education author, speaker, and consultant from Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada). He is recognized as a leader and expert in the areas of classroom assessment, sound grading practices, educational leadership, and RTI.
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Reflective exercise #1
Wednesday, Sept. 25th, 2019
- Collective Efficacy/Priorities/Core Competencies
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
- Vibrant Learning Community
- Essential Planning Strands
- Mission Statement
- Our School Survey results analysis
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Reflective Exercise #2
- Introduction of Working Groups
- Focus areas from Dept Meetings
Wednesday, Nov. 20th, 2019
- Working Group meeting #1
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
- Working group discussion share out
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
- Prep for Fridayâs ProD Working group meetings
- Reflective Exercise #3
Friday January 17th
- Working Group meeting #2
Wednesday, Jan. 29th, 2020
- Working Group meeting #3
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Working group Showcase presentations #1
- Staff engagement survey review
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
- School Plan review
- Working group Showcase presentations #2
- Working Group Check-in âwhere are we?â
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Wednesday, April 29th, 2020
- Working Group meeting #4
- Finalizing of group findings
Tuesday, May 12th, 2020
Wednesday, May 27th, 2020
- Final Working group presentations #3
- Publishing of group findings to school plan site
Tuesday, June 9th, 2020
Friday, June 17, 2020
- Reflective Exercise #4
Staff-established Working Group Driving Questions:
- How do we make IEPâs come alive in the classroom?
- How do we effectively track Technology in the school to enhance student engagement with resources?
- How can Interdisciplinary Project Based Learning (multiple perspectives) Make learning more relevant and engaging for students?
- How do we get more staff and student participation and engagement in extra-curricular activities, sports and Intramurals
- Which are the most effective Lab experiments in Junior Science?
- How can we use the ideas in âEmpowerâ (book study) to create empowered learners at Seycove?
- What needs to be in place for students to feel engaged, safe and connected in and out of the classroom with regard to student anxiety and engagement?
- Modernizing the Curriculum
- Complex Learners
- Aboriginal Education
- Social Emotional Learning
- Career Development
Pillars of Educational Practice
- Social Emotional Learning
Assessment with Tom Schimmer
Monitor Evaluate & Adapt
What are our Indicators of Progress?
Goals for 2020-2021
- Assessment and Evaluation
How do we Communicate our Progress?
To see 2020-2021 parent communications CLICK HERE.
For PAC Meeting Powerpoints CLICK HERE